We teach communication principles, research methods and skills to Texas State students, produce and disseminate communication scholarship to a national and international constituency, and provide service to the department, the university, the community, and the profession.
We will apply communication principles to enhance human communication knowledge and skills based upon a solid theoretical foundation.
We aspire to be nationally and internationally recognized by students and our peers for our high quality communication programs and faculty and to be recognized as having the best quality Communication Studies department in Texas.
| || |
We value high quality teaching. Quality teaching is our highest value followed closely by producing high quality scholarship.
· We value the importance and centrality of human communication in the education of all students.
· We value learning principles and skills of human communication that will enrich one's quality of life regardless of one's professional or vocational goals.
· We value openness, collegiality, and a supportive climate in which to achieve our mission.
· We envision a department that is recognized for its open and supportive climate.
· We seek to model the affirming communication principles and skills that we teach.