Information for Employers
Is your organization looking for an intern? We want to hear from you!
Do you need an intern for your business or nonprofit organization? We can help you find a student to work with you! The first step is to post your position on the university’s job website, Jobs4Cats powered by Handshake. This page is managed by the Office of Career Services. The instructions for creating a Handshake account are listed below along with other ways to partner with Career Services.
If you have questions about Communication Studies interns, have highly specific needs regarding an internship, have a last minute request, or need some guidance on creating an internship program please contact Dr. Michael Burns, Director of Career Readiness, at email@example.com or 512-245-5472.
Instructions for Posting Your Internship Opportunity on Jobs4Cats by Handshake:
Detailed below are several ways to engage and recruit our students via the Office of Career Services. Using our centralized career office allows you to reach a greater number of students and a variety of majors. You can contact the Career Services Employer Relations Team at: 512.245.2645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The first step in recruiting at Texas State is to ensure you have an active user account in our Jobs4Cats database powered by Handshake:
- Do you already have an account in Handshake? Make sure to add Texas State University.
- Are you new to the system? Visit the Handshake Registration website to get started!
- Use the Getting Started with Handshake Guide to help create your account
- Have other questions while using Handshake? Check out the Handshake Help Center for helpful tutorials, articles and much more.
Opportunities through the Office of Career Services:
- Post a Job or Internship: Posting a job in Jobs4Cats is one of the easiest ways to spread the word about opportunities at your organization.
- Career Fair Registration: Career Services hosts more than 20 career fairs each year, which cater to a variety of academic and professional sectors. Employers looking to fill internship, part-time, or full-time positions are invited to attend. Learn more about our career fairs.
- On-Campus or Virtual Interview Scheduling: Conducting interviews on our campus is an easy and convenient way to access our students and alumni on their “home turf”, plus our team will be happy to assist you in filling your schedule with qualified candidates. Are you interested in conducting virtual interviews? Let our office help you facilitate this, too! We have private interview rooms and laptops that students can utilize. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Bobcat Career Chat: Stimulate student interest and increase awareness of your career possibilities by providing a one-hour (in-personal or virtual) presentation on a career-centered topic. Career Services will help by marketing your chat to students and alumni.
Thank you, again. We look forward to working with you!