Finding an Internship
A great place to start your internship search is on Jobs4Cats (also known as Handshake), a job search tool that is only available to Texas State students and alumni.
Thousands of employers post part-time jobs, internships, and full-time jobs in Jobs4Cats – all with the purpose of recruiting Texas State Bobcats.
- Visit: https://txstate.joinhandshake.com/
- Select “Texas State University Sign On” and log in using your NetID and password (same login as your Bobcat Mail)
- Answer a few account preference questions, create your profile, and begin your internship search!
You can use Jobs4Cats to:
- Search for part-time jobs, internships and full-time job opportunities locally and across the U.S.
- Learn about career fairs and events (both virtual and on-campus)
- Explore the Q&A section to see responses from real professionals about common career questions
- And, much more!
If you have any questions or trouble accessing Jobs4Cats, contact Career Services at 512.245.2645 or email@example.com.
Other Internship Resources
- Set up an appointment to meet with the College of Fine Arts and Communication Career Advisor through Career Services.
- Utilize your network. Ask your family and friends who they know in the communication field and reach out to them to have a conversation about what they do and ask for advice on seeking out internships.
- Go directly to the website of organizations you would like to intern for and see if they have postings or contact them directly to ask about internship opportunities.
- Utilize job internship postings on popular career websites like these: Linkedin.com, Indeed.com, Idealist.com, Glassdoor.com, USAjobs.gov, Simplyhired.com, Alumnicentral.com.
- Create a LinkedIn account and start reaching out to Texas State alumni. Bobcats love helping other Bobcats.