Gumby’s Sales & Marketing Intern
San Marcos, TX
Job Description The ideal Marketing & Sales Intern is an independent, positive, hard-working, and creative individual who can live and breathe the Gumby’s Brand and represent the brand both in-person and online. Specific responsibilities will include:
- In-Store and event sales and marketing
- Outside Sales Calls & Business Development
- Campus and guerrilla marketing strategy development
- Social media marketing and PR
- Co-managing the Twitter handle, Instagram and Facebook page
- Event and broader offline strategy & execution
- Customer relations & communication
- General business strategy
Hours will be flexible and can be structured to fit the ideal candidate's needs, with the exception of important sales & marketing events along with weekly meetings with ownership. This role is crucial to our development as a local brand! The candidate will report directly to ownership and will get unmatched cross-functional experience and exposure -- and see first-hand how both marketing and operations decisions are made in a small business.
- High school diploma required
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+
- 15-30 Flexible hours per week
- Current BA/BS student from Texas State university preferred
- Relevant pursuant degree (marketing, business, sales, strategy, communications)
- Relevant food or Hospitality experience desired but not required
- Ability to operate a computer and related social media programs efficiently and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Positive, pleasant, driven and friendly demeanor
How to Apply
1. Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style
2. Resume showcasing your relevant experience
3. Email Both to Forrest@GumbysSanMarcos.com
Austin Angels Communications & Writing Internship
About Us: We are non profit in Austin that puts on 4 HUGE community service projects a year benefiting military families, foster children, and the homeless. We also have an incredible program called the LOVE BOX Campaign which helps provide support to foster families. Our goal is to make the individuals that we are servicing feel loved, valued, cherished and appreciated. Our hope is that foster children will grow up to realize their fullest potential and make a significant contribution to society. Our hope is to alleviate some of the financial stress that the families of our military men and women face. Our hope for the homeless is that they will find hope and opportunities for change.
Job Description: We are offering an internship program designed to provide opportunities for students interested in communication, event planning and public relations to learn more about the non profit industry, and about how the non profit businesses work. Internships are offered on an unpaid basis, and must be taken for school credit.
- Conducting project research
- Researching media outlets
- Contacting the media on behalf of Austin Angels
- Creating reports for clients and for internal use
- Writing memos and other correspondence to clients or the media
- Obtain and duplicate audio and video copies, and clippings of placements
- Seek out new programs and publications, and gather information about them for the database
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- General administrative tasks
- Assist Editorial Manager with press releases and various writing projects
- Well-organized with the ability to work on several projects at the same time
- Good writing and editing skills a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint helpful
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with great attention to detail and an eye for consistency
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about business, professional networking and public relations
- Willing to abide by the policies and procedures of Media Relations
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the intern job title and your first and last name in the subject line of the email. PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE before applying www.austinangels.com.
WEDDING/EVENTS COORDINATOR & SALES INTERN
Thistlewood Manor & Gardens - Kyle, Texas
As a full service wedding/event venue in Kyle, Texas, Thistlewood Manor strives to provide extraordinary service to our brides and other clients in an elegant setting of a gorgeous ballroom and lovely grounds. Events at here may include only use the facility, or our complete service of onsite catering, coordination, and decorating. Less than 2 years old, we are still growing both in our physical (landscaping) appearance and our marketing presence. We are looking for some great people to grow with us. Seating up to nearly 200 guests inside with room for dancing inside our ballroom and many more on the patio and lawn, Thistlewood is the perfect site for a wedding or special event.
Each selected intern will learn the ins and outs of a venue and assist the venue Director and Coordinator with any necessary event and marketing needs. By the end of this program the intern will be able to lead a wedding as if they were the director themselves, understand what goes into planning any type of event, know how to communicate within the event setting, and develop organizational skills and distribution of responsibilities among vendors and other staff.
- 15-20 hours per week on the grounds (Flexible hours plus events, usually on weekends)
- Assisting with wedding day set-up including inside and outside for ceremony and reception, last minute needs, and day-of coordination.
- May be asked to be part of the wait staff (serve meal), in addition to assisting Coordinator, when event includes onsite catering. This would be a paid opportunity.
- Social Media Responsibilities such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Foursquare, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Yelp, Blogging, etc.
- Client/Lead follow ups via email, mail, phone calls and in person, tours, etc.
- Marketing research and input for ads, networking, public relations, and more
- Wedding Design opportunities using creative and new outlook on things such as centerpieces, décor, etc.
- Vendor Receivable on event days
- Sit in on some logistics meetings with clients
- May have opportunity to be the lead Coordinator on one wedding/event, including timeline write-up, check vendors, write up timeline - acting as day-of coordinator
Job Qualifications Desired:
- People skills – phone calls, in person, and email clients and potential clients
- Able to follow instructions, yet be creative and work independently
- Not afraid to present ideas, but not sensitive if not chosen
- Marketing skills, SEO, social media from professional view, ad campaigns
- Computer (Word, Excel) basics, and good with English grammar and spelling
To apply – contact Tricia Kutrz/Owner Director via Email at email@example.com or by phone at 512.268.1900 (office) or 512.426.9942 (cell)
Campus Outreach and COMM Intern
Our mission is to give women around the world a fighting chance of protecting themselves from assault & living their fullest lives without fear. We are a socially conscious company based in Austin, Texas that sells products from around the world to fund the distribution of pepper spray to women in our global network. We have networks on four subcontinents, have partnered with SABRE (the leading pepper spray manufacturer in the world), and are in the midst of expanding our networks, as well as our product & collaborative lines.
We are looking for a Bobcat who believes in empowering women and helping to change the world! As an intern for Kuro's, you will be working hands on in a variety of roles including
- launching out domestic pepper spray efforts
- planning and implementing social media campaigns
- additional hands on projects
More information on expectations and how to apply is here.
The SETON FUND
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNSHIP
FALL 2016 | SPRING 2017 - AUSTIN, TX
Assists with the development, implementation, presentation and evaluation of special events, specifically the Seton Development Board Fall Gala on November 19, 2016, Celebration of Life Luncheon date TBD and Elizabeth Ann Seton Board Gala on April 29, 2017 including committee and board meetings and events leading up to the larger events. Work in collaboration with staff, volunteers and vendors to provide community based special events designed to promote the mission of The Seton Fund. Research, assist in coordination and organization of special events ensuring that they are aligned with the goals and missions of The Seton Fund. Work with other staff members within the organization to provide needed support in all areas of operations.
We are looking for someone with genuine interest in non-profits, as well as in the mission of The Seton Fund.
Intern work schedules will be agreed upon between the intern and Seton Fund staff for the duration of one semester. Interns may be asked to work a varying schedule including some night and weekend work. Interns shall not work more than 20 hours per week.
Internships receiving college credit will be given priority.
Daily duties may include:
- Coordinating, facilitating and implementing special events
- Follow up from recent events including thank you letters and other correspondence
- Committee meeting prep and note taking – post meeting wrap up e-mails
- Organizing supplies related to event work
- Coordinating silent and live auction items and prizes for events
- Coordinating online auction for EASB Live! 2016
- Power point presentations for meetings and events
- Processing event registrations and event confirmations
- Transporting supplies to and from events
- Staffing event booths and stations
- Assist with mailings and promotions
- Support in the coordination of collateral materials including such items as: invitations, event programs, nametags, table assignments, marketing materials, auction bid sheets, etc.
- Reconciling donations post-event
- Communicating via mail blast with event attendees pre and post event
- Having fun!
Fall start week of September 1, 2016(flexible) and ends December 18th unless staying on for Spring semester 2017 to be mutually agreed upon.
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter and resume to Dana Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAMPO (Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization) (PAID internship)
Community Outreach Intern - Austin, TX
As part of CAMPO’s Community Outreach Team, work within a team to assist with and learn to develop, design, and implement community outreach, communication, and public information programs. Work is performed under supervision of the Community Outreach Manager with some latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support CAMPO leadership in community outreach, communication, and public information programs that communicate complex transportation planning processes to the public
- Assist in creating and implementing community outreach plans and programs
- Assist with writing press releases, newsletters, web and print copy, and other external communication-related tasks
- Research and identify relevant demographics, stakeholders, elected officials, and community groups for outreach programs
- Create and maintain databases and contact lists
- Assist with creating social media campaigns, messages, and advertisements
- Assist with preparing presentations for a variety of audiences
- Assist with meeting logistics and preparation such as facility booking and set up, sign in sheets and other paper material, ADA compliance, and audio/video set up
- Research and compile relevant news clips and information
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in communication, public affairs, government, or related field
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours a week to the internship
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone, in writing, and in person to a variety of stakeholders
- Willingness to learn to convey technical transportation planning terms and information in a user-friendly, non-technical manner
- Willingness to learn about developing outreach and awareness campaign plans and materials
- Preferred knowledge and experience with a variety of social media platforms and web platforms such as Wordpress
- Preferred experience with public outreach, community engagement, and relationship-building
- Ability to work independently at times with little supervision, as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to follow detailed instruction and learn about CAMPO’s practices and processes
- Responsive and operates with a sense of timeliness and urgency
Facilitation, mediation, and community outreach training a plus
Salary is $15.00 per hour.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Candidates will not be considered until both resume and cover letter are received.
CAMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, CAMPO provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. CAMPO is a Drug Free & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Recruiting Internship - Paid
CareerPlug - Austin, TX
Be a key contributor to an exciting start-up company in Austin, Texas!
CareerPlug provides innovative recruiting and HR software for over 6,000 growing companies. Our Talent Management system includes applicant tracking, paperless onboarding, and performance management. In addition, we create personalized recruitment campaigns that connect larger Fortune 500 companies with exceptional professionals to streamline the hiring process. Since 2007 we’ve been striving to make hiring easier for our clients and our unique Dedicated Account Manager structure allows us to provide clients with personalized, proactive service.
You can feel something special when you walk into our office located in the heart of Austin, TX. You can hear Dedicated Account Managers working with clients and can tell that they really care. You can see the evidence of our hard work and commitment by our goals up on the wall, right next to our Core Values. And if you walk into one of our monthly innovation meetings you can feel the energy and creativity that’s present when every team member is contributing their ideas. Best of all, you’ll hear us laugh and see us smile and know we love what we do!
The Recruiting Intern would support the Account Management team by performing an integral first step in building our candidate database. Your responsibilities would include internet research and review of a high volume of candidate resumes.
Our office is located right off MoPac and Barton Springs, just a couple blocks from Zilker Park.
- Perform resume screening and selection using online resume databases
- Maintain candidate records in our database
- Account Management Projects as needed, such as:
- Account feature updates
- Prospective client research
- Able to work at least 15-20 hours per week (Flexible hours that work with your schedule)
- Able to maintain strong attention to detail while working on projects online for several hours at a time
- Ability to work independently and stay focused while following a set process
- General computer proficiency (can get things done online quickly and accurately)
- Strong writing skills
Our team is growing as rapidly as our client base and we are always looking for top talent to join our team. Our leadership is dedicated to making CareerPlug one of the best places to work in Austin. Learn more about the recruiting industry while making a meaningful contribution at a local startup.
For more information and the application, look here
HAHN PUBLIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Hahn Public - Public Relations Internship
Pay: interns are compensated at $12 an hour.
Motivated, organized students who seek an internship at a full-service communications and public relations firm. The ideal candidates are juniors and seniors in college who have previous internship experience and will be able to allot a block of time each day they are available for this position.
Students studying public relations or a communications-related field are preferred, but it is not mandatory for consideration.
Interns are required to work 15 to 20 hours per week. Flexible office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Description of duties:
Writing news releases, media alerts and memos, pitching media, conducting client research, drafting social media posts, media database management, tracking media, assisting in event planning, performing the occasional general office tasks and miscellaneous projects that may arise
Exposure to the workings of a full-service communications, public relations and public affairs firm; opportunity to build professionalism, multitasking, time and project management skills; interaction with all levels of staff
If you are interested, please submit your resume with a cover letter and a writing sample to our intern coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hahn Public traditionally accepts three interns for each spring, summer and fall semester. Interviewing begins approximately two months before the start of each semester.
Paid internship beginning immediately through May 2017
The job is simple it is focused on social media marketing and on campus events in partnership with Texas State University.
For more information and to apply: Apply with Coca Cola
AARP - Livable Communities Intern (TX) Austin, TX
Full-time, Internship Business Unit Description
AARP Community, State and National Affairs
The Community, State and National Affairs (CSNA) team is a key contributor to AARP's mission of social change for Americans 50+ and their families. CSNA drives social change through our advocacy work by giving our members a voice—at the federal, state, local levels and community levels—on issues important to them such as Financial Resilience, Health Security, and Personal Fulfillment.
With a network of 53 offices in each state, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, we live where we work. This allows us to do what we do best…meet the people and directly engage in our communities to find out what they need and want, enabling us to educate our members with programs and information that is relevant to them.
Our state offices work hand-in-glove with AARP’s national office in Washington, DC. This reach—from community to state to federal – enables CSNA to better empower people 50+ to enjoy the way they live and work today, while reaching their goals for tomorrow…their life – their way.
This is a tremendous opportunity in this internship position to gain firsthand experience with communications, local and state lobbying of elected officials, events planning and advocacy strategy. This position will report directly to the Associate State Director of Outreach & Advocacy, and have frequent interactions with other State Office staff and volunteers in Fort Worth.
- Proficiency in major social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube required.
- Assist the Associate State Director with the planning and execution of the 2015 events, including assisting with logistics, phone calls and set-up of events.
- Under the direct supervision of the Associate State Director, will assist with outreach and education on the Age-Friendly effort to community stakeholders through guided correspondence via email and telephone.
- Assist with the development and execution of social media campaigns, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, for Age-Friendly Fort Worth working with city partners and under the direction of the Associate State Director in Fort Worth.
- As directed, provide additional administrative and logistical assistance on community outreach-focused events.
- Support Associate State Director to prepare for events and meetings supporting AARP’s mission Duties include creating packets for editorial boards and marketing to community partners and members.
- Intern should be proficient in communications both oral and written.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and computer skills required.
- Superior organizational skills, intellectual curiosity
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Applicant should be a current undergraduate in his/her junior or senior years with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office and events planning experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently on fast-paced, time-sensitive matters with internal and external constituents, while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to complete work in a timely and efficient manner with a creative eye to ensure that work is accurate.
- Ability to utilize available technology to perform position responsibilities
- Ability to work with people of all ages.
- Intern must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university -- in their junior or senior years of their undergraduate studies, or in his/her second year of graduate school, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit to background clearance and drug testing
- Residents of the city of Fort Worth are encouraged to apply.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Submit a current resume in response to the specific posted job, or indicate your preferred work location (we’re in all 50 states and U.S. territories);
- A writing sample (please attach to with your application)
- A cover letter detailing the areas of interest to you for an internship at AARP;
- Two references from a college or university professor/instructor and a manager who is familiar with your work;
- An official copy of a current semester transcript detailing the number of accumulated credits and your current GPA (minimum GPA required of 3.0)
- Submit to background clearance and drug testing.
Instructions for Uploading Your Cover Letter & Writing Sample
Adding cover letter and writing sample at time of application submission;
- Complete the on-line application by clicking the SUBMIT button at the end of the application;
- Click the MY CAREER TOOLS link at the top of the “MY APPLICATIONS” SCREEN;
- Scroll down to the COVER LETTERS & ATTACHMENTS SECTION;
- Click ADD ATTACHMENT;
- Separately upload each document
Adding cover letter and writing samples at a later time
- Access the AARP.org careers website – www.aarp.org/careers
- Log in with the user name/password used at the time that you applied for the internship
- Click the MY CAREER TOOLS link on the top right of the screen
- Scroll down to the COVER LETTERS and ATTACHMENTS section
- Click ADD ATTACHMENT
- Separately upload each document
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
828 W. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78703
Qualified candidates will have completed their junior year of college with a focus in journalism, public relations, communications, English or any other writing-focused major. Ideal candidates will be available at least three days a week for a minimum three-month span.
Learn more about our internship opportunity. During the enrollment period, please select a session to view application information and guidelines (if no sessions are listed, please check back for future internship opportunities).
Management Trainee Intern
Location San Antonio - TX
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Internships play an integral role in the success of Enterprise and are a comprehensive introduction to our Management Training Program. For a college student, real-world professional business experience can put you above the rest when you enter the job market.
It's Business 101 on 10 cups of coffee
Our interns go at a highly energized pace. From day one as a paid intern with Enterprise, you'll learn what it takes to run a successful business and acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of operating a business. And it's learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our college interns take on the same challenges as our first and second year full-time professionals. It's a team-based environment where the Enterprise employees are supportive and fun to work with.
When you join our Management Internship Program, you'll acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of running a successful business. You'll soon discover that every day is different because it is filled with so many new, exciting, rewarding and often unexpected challenges. There is one consistent aspect, however - everyday, you'll learn more about sales/marketing, customer service, business management, and administrative skills than you ever thought possible.
At Enterprise, you won't be a glorified gopher getting coffee or filing all day. Our interns go at the same energized pace and take on the same challenges and responsibilities as our Management Trainees.
Not only is it a paid internship program, but interns may also be eligible for performance incentives and employee referral rewards. The business training you'll receive will be an amazing jumpstart to your career.
- Must be a Senior graduating by May 2017, enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record in the past 3 years.
- Must have been licensed to drive for a minimum of one year.
- No drug and/or alcohol-related convictions (ie., DUI/DWI) on driving record in the past 5 years.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Connect with one of our recruiters to ask questions and find the perfect job opportunity in your area.
Contact a recruiter
Austin Film Festival, Austin, TX
The Austin Film Festival offers a variety of internships and apprenticeships for anyone interested in gaining insight and experience in the film industry. There are opportunities in event and project management, conference management, development, marketing, public relations, social media as well as other areas.
More information is available about the opportunities and how to apply here
Social Media Intern
Comal County Habitat for Humanity - New Braunfels, TX
Comal County Habitat for Humanity is seeking a social media intern who will work in the office and out in the community as our representative. The internship requires creativity, initiative, confidence and independence to complete projects individually while also exercising teamwork with the marketing team, as well as collaborating with other departments. This role offers the opportunity to explore the nonprofit sector in a fun, hands-on environment where the mission and efficiency are top priority. Comal Habitat guarantees that all interns gain real world experience in their field of choice.
Intern will :
- Assist in creating and implementing social media strategy
- Develop and produce engaging written and visual content for Comal County Habitat for Humanity across social media platforms
- Consult with marketing team to carry out digital aspect of various projects
- Researching and staying on top of digital trends and the online behaviors of specific target audiences, while staying within brand standards
- Assist with marketing events
- Qualifications :
- Previous experience managing a brand’s social media (1 year of experience+ preferred)
- Passion in storytelling
- Solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing practices
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Ability to complete projects independently as well as in a team environment
- Interest in nonprofits and desire to tell the community about our mission
- Suggested majors: Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing
Please note this is an unpaid position. Salary: $0.00 /year
Job Type: Internship
Job Location: New Braunfels, TX
Information and application here
DRESS for SUCCESS INTERN - Austin, TX
Going Places Network Pre-employment Educational Program
The mission of Dress for Success Austin is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Interns will work to facilitate training, communicate with clients and assist with programs and reports as needed.
Click here for more information
Wedding/Event Fall Intern
Cypress Falls Event Center - Wimberley, TX
Job Description :
Each selected intern will learn the ins and outs of a venue and assist the venue directors at Cypress Falls Event Center with any necessary event needs. By the end of this program the intern will be able to lead a wedding as if they were the director themselves. Understand what goes into planning any type of event. Learning how to communicate within the event setting. Organizational skills and distribution of responsibilities among vendors.
-20-25 hrs. a week on the grounds
-Assisting with wedding day set-up, last minute needs, and or day of coordination.
-Must shadow 2 tours
-15 office hours
-Take photos for social media sharing
-Wedding Design: using creative and new outlook on things such as centerpieces, décor, and or room transformation.
-Parking Attendant for up to three weddings/Golf Cart transportation of guests
-Property and Grounds Management: including wiping down chairs, set up table cloths, dining placement
-Vendor Receivable on event days
-One Leadership Wedding: two week/one week check in with vendors, write up timeline, run the rehearsal, they are the day of coordinator calling the shots
- -Must be a good communicator
- -Must know how to manage and run most if not all basic social medias
- -Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- -Must be able to work on their feet for long hours
- -Must know how to have fun and work on a team
- -Must have transportation
- -Availability on weekends
- Must be an organized worker
Apply through Indeed.com here
Madeline Manor - Kyle, TX
Social Media and Event Planning Internship
Madeline Manor is a new event venue located in Kyle, TX. We are seeking an intern to work approximately 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but some weekend work should be expected. This is an unpaid position.
- Manage website
- Expand reach of social media
- Develop flyers, brochures and other marketing materials
- Respond to email inquires
- Give tours of venue
- Assist with set up of venue for events
- Assist with day of coordination
Experience in Word Press and graphic design is desired, ability to meet and interact with clients is a must!
Interested candidates should submit resume to email@example.com
Visit our website at http://madelinemanor.com/
Social Media and Marketing Intern
Susan G. Komen- Austin
The Social Media/Marketing Intern will support our mission by developing social media posts, videos, blogs and e-news to share our messaging through various online media outlets. The position requires excellent advertising writing skills and ability to effectively plan and implement various educational and fundraising messaging. **Writing samples are required with application. 20 hours per week.
- Create and maintain a consistent voice on social media
- Collaborate with staff to create a communications calendar for all social media platforms and meet all deadlines
- Communicate Komen Austin’s community efforts and events effectively through each platform
- Write and edit for the organization's blog
- Interact with staff, volunteers, board and others in the breast health community to recruit guest bloggers
- Pull market statistics and research to find new ways to use these platforms
- Assist with marketing and social media needs for these initiatives:
- Spring – Perfectly Pink Party, Eat.Drink.Shop.PINK, Volunteer Appreciation Week, Minority Cancer Awareness Week, Community Partner Announcement
- Fall – Race for the Cure, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Hope for the Cure
DEADLINE for Fall semester is August 1
Look here for more information.
Enterprise Holdings (Enterprise, Alamo, National) - various locations
Want to get a jump on your career?
Enterprise Holdings has full and part time internship opportunities in Management, Car Share Ambassador (marketing) . Enterprise has been named a Top Entry Level Employer and is recognized as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Launch a Career.
Find out more here.
Dell Children’s Medical Center
Volunteer Services Internships - Austin, TX
Job Description: The Volunteer Services Intern will work in the DCMC Volunteer Services office assisting with answering phones, greeting and directing volunteers; data entry; other duties as required.. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a business-oriented or volunteer management degree, possess excellent people skills, be able to interact well with medical staff, hospital patients and their families, and be able to assist management with a variety of tasks. This is a great opportunity to build your resume, develop excellent people and customer service skills, learn bookkeeping and accounting basics and be part of your community by contributing to the mission of Dell Children’s Medical Center.
Look here for more information -
Events/Initiatives Intern - Austin
It's Time Texas
IT’S TIME TEXAS (ITT) is an Austin-based 501(c)3 not-for-profit cause-based organization that is dedicated to making healthy the norm in the Lone Star State. Our mission is to empower people to lead healthier lives and build a healthier community.
The Events/Initiative Intern is responsible for a number of projects that vary in timeframe, scale, and orientation. Main projects are specific to the Events/Initiative department and secondary projects may incorporate other divisions of IT’S TIME TEXAS such as Outreach. The purpose of these projects is not only to help improve ITT’s impact on the community, but also to provide valuable knowledge and experience to the intern’s education and career aspirations. Interns will have the opportunity to assist in the development and promotion of the ITT Summit, the Community Challenge, Healthy Texas Week and management of local community events. Our events provide individuals and families with fun, interactive learning opportunities, and introduce community members to the benefits of active, healthy lifestyles.
- Work directly with and provide support to Events/Initiatives Director
- Research organizations and businesses for inclusion in outreach efforts for ITT Initiatives
- Assist with calling and emailing organizations and businesses in areas
- Development of event collateral including on-line promotion
- Carry out event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the Event Director
- Marketing and promotion of ITT Events and Initiatives
- Development of business partnerships
- Assists with administrative duties including fax processing, sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Experience utilizing a team-based approach to carry out projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and leverage resources accordingly
- Experience utilizing a team-based approach to carry out projects
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Junior or Senior working towards Bachelors’ degree in public relations, marketing or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Mandatory attendance of internship orientation. Date TBD from 9:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m.
Information and the application are here https://itstimetexas.org/join-our-team/
Hays County Food Bank Internships
San Marcos, TX
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Holly Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org for review and consideration. Applicants are accepted year round so be sure to indicate your desired time frame as well as desired internship in your cover letter.
If there is not an internship listed that you are interested in however you feel you have something to offer we will consider special requests and projects if it can benefit our organization.
An internship is a great way to gain experience, learn new skills, and network with professionals.
We accept internship applications for fall, spring, and summer semesters. Interns may seek class credit through their universities or colleges if they choose to, but it is not required. All internships are unpaid. Click on each opportunity to learn more.
We are looking for talented and creative individuals to help maintain and improve our communications network through traditional and new media projects. This person will report directly to the Communications Coordinator and should provide creative ideas and innovative solutions for our nonprofit to maintain positive public opinion and increase fundraising opportunities.
Hays County Food Bank seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with development efforts. This Internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of development and fundraising, while working for a community based nonprofit organization. Gain valuable, practical experience that will give you an edge when you enter the job market.
We are looking for talented and creative individuals to support and collaborate with the Operations Team with special projects or tasks. This person will report directly to the Nutrition & Food Program Manager and should provide creative ideas and innovative solutions for our nonprofit to increase efficiency and workflow.
In an attempt to educate the community regarding hunger and to spread the word about food insecurity, the Hays County Food Bank attends and produces outreach events. The intern would be responsible for managing the event invitations, planning events, preparing materials and coordinating and managing volunteers at events. This intern reports directly to the Volunteer Services Manager.
Hays County Food Bank seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with special events efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of fundraising and event planning while working for a local community based nonprofit organization. Gain valuable, practical experience that will give you an edge when you enter the job market.
Farmhouse Delivery - Austin, TX 78741
Social Media & Marketing Intern
- Manage and schedule content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Support larger marketing initiatives and promotions with social media
- Assist in the planning and execution of social media marketing campaigns with Marketing & Events Manager
- Respond to customer inquiries over social media
- Monitor and respond to Yelp reviews
- Some creative writing
- Edit and format Supper Club recipes
- Occasionally Coordinate with Texas chefs and restaurants for Supper Club partnerships
- Ocassionally Coordinate with local bloggers on recipe development and product reviews
- Time Requirement: 10-15 hrs/wk (dependent on efficiency or special projects)
- Compensation - $100/wk, compensation also includes a large bushel of local produce each week
- Start Date - As soon as possible
- **Must have your own computer
- Attention to detail-Works well with others -- interdepartmental communication and collaboration will be required
- Strong creative writing skills
- Ability to make succinct yet insightful social media commentary and recipe introductions
- Knowledge of and passion for food and cooking, bonus if you're familiar with Texas-local food and farming
- Well versed in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Professional yet friendly demeanor when interacting with customers over social media channels
To learn more
Internships at the Thinkery - Austin, TX
Job Description: The Thinkery (Austin's New Children's Museum) works with a wide range of interns.
Below are the positions we are seeking for the fall term:
- Camp internship
- Early Learner Program internship
- EdExchange Program internship
- Gallery Education internship
- Graphic Design internship
- Maker Education internship
- Marketing & Communications internship
- Public Programs internship
- School Program internship
- Teen Program internship
- Volunteer Engagement internship
How to Apply: Each position has unique qualifications. Please read the position description links on our career site for complete information about the role. For instructions on how to apply, please the individual position descriptions listed on this site: http://thinkeryaustin.org/careers/
Besser Education - Various internships
Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos
Besser Education is a small company based out of San Marcos serving the Central Texas area. We are in the business of getting children as young as three to understand college level science. Often times, this is done through extremely fun activities and experiments - classes, workshops, events, summer camps, after school programs, etc.
By working for Besser Education, you will be:
- Getting hands on experience like no other
- Have access to the inner workings of how small companies develop into much larger ones
- Setting your own schedule and... most importantly....
- We care about YOUR goals as a person, for your own life. What are these goals? We work with you to set up an action plan and achieve what you want out of your life.
Current Open Positions: (Last updated 8/6/2015)
All position postings are in the form of a PDF. If for some reason you have trouble viewing this, please email Jobs@BesserEducation.com.
Marketing/Social Media Internship
- Perfect for majors & minors of: PR, Marketing, Journalism, Writing
- 2 internships available for Fall and Spring
More information and how to apply for this internship is here.
Office Manager Internship
- Perfect for majors & minors of: Entrepreneurship, Management, Education
- Be sure to mention if you've taken classes with Dr.Bell or are a member of C.E.O.!
- 1 internship available for Fall and Spring
More information and how to apply for this internship is here.
Innovation Manager - Research & Development Internship
- Perfect for majors & minors of: Many, many fields!
- 1 - 2 internships available for Fall and Spring
More information and how to apply for this internship is here.
Project & Curriculum Development Internship
- Perfect for majors & minors of: Education, Science, Writing
- 1 - 2 internships available for Fall and Spring
- Gain hands on lesson plan development experience, and optional classroom experience
- Pet project of your choice dealing with any aspect of Besser Education
More information and how to apply for this internship is here.
One Heart Source is currently accepting applications for our 2017 Experiential Learning Programs in Cape Town, South Africa and Jamaica. We are offering a variety of 2 and 4-week volunteer programs and internships next summer.
Next Application Deadline: November 25, 2016
As an OHS Volunteer/Intern you will:
- Gain international experience for graduate school and employment.
- Develop skills in international communication, mentorship and community outreach.
- Mentor students to achieve academic growth and cultivate lasting relationships.
- Immerse yourself in local communities and broaden your global perspective.
- Collaborate with groups of university students from around the world.
Apply here for our Volunteer Programs: 2017 Application
Next Application Deadline: November 25, 2016
Learn more about our Programs here.
For more information about internships, please contact:
Sue L. Stewart, M.A.
Office Location: Centennial Hall 322